Mixed Mode – Pixel Array Detector
The Sydor Mixed Mode-PAD (MM-PAD) provides ultra-wide dynamic range of 10e8 (@8 KeV photons) by utilizing a huge full well capacity whilst maintaining noise levels well below a single photon.The “mixed-mode” readout design of the detector allows simultaneous detection and charge removal which extends the dynamic range of each frame. In addition to extending the dynamic range, the Sydor MM-PAD can process high photon arrival rates without the problems associated with classic photon-counting architectures. The deadtime created during each photon count seen in photon-counting detectors can result in lost data if more than one photon arrives simultaneously; in the MM-PAD this problem is eliminated.
A fully radiation hard design means the detector can be set up without a beam stop or attenuator, and because of the outstanding dynamic range details of the beam can be imaged at the center of the detector whilst simultaneously detecting single photons in other regions. As such, this detector is perfect for forward scatter ptychography, diffractive imaging and time resolved scattering experiments.
The Sydor MM-PAD was designed with a modular and tileable design. The standard units are 256 x 128 and 512 x 512 arrays of 150 μm pixels, with customizable n×n configurations available to match your experimental requirements.
- X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy (XPCS)
- Coherent Diffractive Imaging (CDI)
- Total Scatter (SAXS & WAXS)
- 4.7×10⁷ photons/pixel single frame dynamic range or an equivalent sustained count rate of 5×108 photons/pixel/second
- Frame rates up to 1.1 kHz
- Silicon (Si) sensor for up to 20 keV energies or CdTe sensor for greater than 20 keV energies
- Includes EPICS control interface and/or proprietary Sydor control interface
- Sensor Material: 500 µm thick SI or 750 µm CdTe •
- Sensor Format: Eight submodules of 256 x 128 pixels. Standard detector array is a 512 x 512 pixel format
- Pixel Pitch: 150 µm
- Full Well Capacity: 4.7×10⁷ photons/pixel/frame at 8 keV
- Sustained Count Rate: ~ 5×10⁸ photons/pixel/second
- Read Noise: ~ 0.5 photons/pixel @ 8 keV
- Dark Current: 2 photons/pixel/sec @ 8 keV
- Frame Rate: up to 1.1 kHz
- Spectral Range: up to 20 keV with Si sensor or greater than 20 keV with CdTe sensor
- Cooling Method: Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) with water waste heat removal
- Physical Dimensions: 220 x 220 x 460 mm, < 8 kg
- User Interface: EPICS and/or proprietary Sydor Control Interface
Sydor Mixed Mode PAD Datasheet