Interested in cutting time and cost out of achieving range certification or need an expert witness to observe and analyze testing on your product?
With over 35 years of ballistic testing behind him, Rob Kinsler’s extensive experience now finds him a pre-eminent Subject Matter Expert sought out by US Government agencies, US Military branches, commercial testing facilities and even international clients. If you want to be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, you would like to have NVLAP accreditation because it is the only organization whose accreditation is also approved by NIJ. Rob has experience as a NVLAP technical assessor.
Institutions including FBI, DEA, CIA, ARL, ATC, and SOCOM seek Rob’s expertise to help understand the data from testing and analyze the consistency of testing results. Rob’s analysis of testing methodology against stated goals has saved the U.S. government millions of dollars in testing efficiency and effectiveness. For these reasons, the DEA enlisted Rob’s help to author the “DEA and FBI Ballistic Research Facility Ballistic Helmet Testing Protocol”.
Rob has been sought out by the ASTM to chair specific ASTM standards, and he is regularly sought out by other ASTM Chairs as a technical expert lending insights to standards being proposed. Rob has also served as a subject matter expert for the InterAgency board, which represents the needs of first responders. Rob Kinsler is referenced by name as a subject matter expert in the National Research Council’s “Testing of Body Armor Materials, Vols 2 & 3” and is the inventor of the PeepsiteTM headform referenced in Vol 3.
Manufacturers of helmets and body armor seek Rob’s help as an expert witness to testing conducted by ballistic testing facilities as part of product development. In addition to witnessing proper testing protocol, Rob’s analytical skills provide answers to why a product failed.
Meet Rob Kinsler
- Chief Scientist (6 yrs): HP White Laboratory, Street, MD
- Lead Author: ASTM E3111M-18 Standard Test Method for Ballistic-Resistant Head Protection
- Committee Co-Chair: ASTM F08.53 Helmets and Headgear
- Voting Member: 17 ASTM committees and Underwriters Laboratory Ballistic Standards committee
- Chief Analyst at Peepsite facility (10 yrs): Army Research Laboratory (ARL) Aberdeen, MD
- Inventor: Peepsite headform used in DEA/FBI helmet standard
- Publications: 5 Open literature publications, and 17 US Government publications
- Awards: 2004 ARL Award for Analysis/Crusader Artillery System
- Standards expertise: VPAM, HOSDB, CAST, AEP, HPW, UL, MIL-STD’s, ASTM, NTMD, DOT, EN, FBI, GOI, GOST, DEA, DOT&E, ITOP, TOP, SI, LAPD, PPG-MTD, NOM, SAAMI, and IS
Benefits of Sydor’s Ballistic Consulting Services
- Achieve specification compliant performance without costly trial and error
- Increase your confidence on achieving certification the first time with more than 35 years of experience standing with you
- Learn not just what the specification says, but what the specification means to you and your range
- Be supported by a certified subject matter expert before, during and post certification
- Prepare for ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation, NVLAP Accreditation, NIJ 0101.07, 0108.02 and more, AEP/STANAG, CAST/HOSDB, MIL-STDs, and many more…